Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mr Slope Guy

OK. I was mildly obsessed over meeting Mr Slope Guy for the first time.

I was observing two novice teachers, and they were using Mr Slope Guy as a mnemonic for students in analyzing slope. But I think he could be fated for bigger and better adventures.  Since my son Xavier is a budding comic book artist, we put together the following (PDF of the whole comic), with some inking support from Ysabela.


The problem was whether MSG was a hero or villain, and he wound up needing to be defeated. He is a personification of algebra.

Be interested in your feedback.  Only one more thing to say: Marvel, please don't sue! Spider-man is a wholly owned trademark of Marvel, created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, and starring in a major motion picture this summer.

8 comments:

  1. Cool. I've never seen Mr. Slope Guy before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am NUTSO about Mr. Slope Guy! He is clearly a force for good in our world.

    - Elizabeth (aka @cheesemonkeysf on Twitter)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore Mr. Slope Guy! Will certainly be using this idea in class.

    ReplyDelete
  5. altho i think the drawings are fantastic!.. i found the actual comic quite boring, i didnt understand how it linked with maths... but then again i only managed to get to the 5th slide.
    but, then again, your son's drawings are brilliant!!
    well done, i look foward to seeing his illustrations in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take the blame for anything lacking in the script. I wanted increase, decrease, vertical and horizontal, as well as some math puns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you on Facebook?

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is brilliant! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete